What to Bring on the First Day of Camp
WHAT TO BRING ON THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP
FORMS & PAPERWORK
- New students must have the Notarized Emergency Card to us on or before the first day of Summer Camp (ideally brought during the New Family Orientation). Office staff are available to notarize documents if necessary. For returning students, please inform the office if any of your contact information has changed.
- Provide completed enrollment documents for your camper’s file (Family Information Form, Medical Statement, Immunization Record, Student Permission Form, and Handbook).
- Please bring a complete change (or two) of seasonal clothing to be kept in your camper’s clothing cubby in the classroom (top, bottom, underwear, & socks).
- While in the classroom, we wear ‘inside’ shoes, so please bring your child a pair of plain Crocs™ or similar shoes for use in the classroom.
- We recommend that campers wear sturdy shoes each day for nature walks and various outdoor activities. Shoes that they can manage by themselves are ideal.
- Please supply sunscreen to be kept at camp. We ask that you apply sunscreen in the morning before bringing your child to camp and we will reapply periodically throughout the day. Please label your child’s sunscreen with their first and last name.
- We also recommend sunglasses & a hat with a large brim.
LUNCH & SNACKS
- All campers bring their lunches (including a drink) Monday through Thursday during Summer Camp. We recommend the use of an insulated lunch box & thermos and ice packs to keep foods cool. Our School does provide water to drink daily at lunch.
- Fridays will be PICNIC DAY! Campers will make their own lunch at camp.
- Nutritious snacks are provided three times a day and the snack menu is posted on the bulletin board in the main kitchen and on the bulletin board outside of the front entrance doors of our school building.
NAP & REST
- The school provides a fleece ‘nap sack’ for all nappers and resters. We discourage bringing special sleep items from home, as they often become lost or misplaced.
WATER FUN DAYS
- On Monday each week, please bring a small bag with your child’s name on it containing a swim suit, a SMALL bath towel, and shoes that can get wet. We are planning to have Water Fun Day on Mondays. This bag of water gear will be taken home at the end of the school day on Mondays.
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING WITH YOUR CAMPER’S NAME
WE LOOK FORWARD TO A FUN-FILLED SUMMER!